The fuel is (power-producing) biomass processed by pelletization – especially power-producing herbs and fast growing woody plants.
Requirement for biomass:
- The composition of pellets must comply with Regulation 110/2022 Coll., and with technical requirements of the BIOENERGO – KOMPLEX company:
- Cathegory O1 – pellets manufactured from purposefully grown crop plants that are to be used primarily for energy production. This is biomass classified in category O1, established by Decree No. 110/2022 Coll._Decree on determining the types and parameters of supported renewable resources and sustainability criteria and saving greenhouse gas emissions for bioliquids and fuels from biomass..
- Cathegory O2 – pellets manufactured from plant ingredients as straw from rape plant or sunflower, spoiled seed of oil plants. It is biomass classified in Cathegory O2 s), namely in group a), b), c), d), e), l).
- Quality – according to the below mentioned qualitative properties:
- Percentage of water: 5 – 11 %,
- Heating value: 15 - 19 GJ/t,
- Percentage of ash in the original sample: 3 - 9 %,
- Percentage of dust ingredient: max. 10 %,
- Size of pellets: at least 8 mm and max. 12 mm in diameter, length not exceeding 50 mm.
- With respect to extensive handling of biomass on transport routes, we emphasize the durability of pellets with a low rate of crumbling away up to the maximum of 10%.
- Legal responsibility: the supplier must submit to the invoiced delivery:
a. Declaration of the supplier according to Part A of Annex No. 3 to Decree No. 110/2022 Coll.
b. Certificate of fulfillment of sustainability criteria or Affidavit of fulfillment of sustainability criteria according to Part C of Annex No. 3 to Decree No. 110/2022 Coll. (the affidavit can only be used for deliveries until 6/30/2023)
c. KZR INiG Self-declaration of the agricultural producer or other Declaration of compliance with the requirements according to the certification scheme used
- Amount: the required quantity is 100 – 125 MT a day.
Logistic possibilities: Biomass may be transported by lorries with the possibility of unloading the supply from the back (drop system or delivery system) and/or by self-discharge WAP wagons on railroad siding into the premises of the production plant.